15m fast wind farm support and crew transport vessel.
Download vessel specification
- April 2008 - South Boats, Cowes UK.
- UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency Workboat Code of Practice Category 2, up to 60 miles from safe haven with up to 12 passengers.
- Main Engines
- 2 x Scania D12 69m, each 625 BHP at 2,100 rpm on commercial rating, driving through ZF 350 reduction gearboxes to oversized
Ultra Dynamics UJ 451 jets for maximum low down thrust when holding station at wind farm turbines.
- 24 knots maximum to provide comfortable 20 knot cruising.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2500 litres.
- Navigation Aids
- Magnetic and GPS compasses, GPS, 2 x VHF radios including GMDSS, 2 x radars, electronic chart display, echosounder, navtex, telephone,
AIS, e mail and internet access, windspeed indicator. MOB Location system.
- Seating & Accommodation
- Individual crew and passenger seating for up to 14 in total with sprung safety seats, footrests, storage areas. WC, shower, galley,
one bunk below. Eberspacher heating.
- Included Equipment
- Specially developed Mk IV bow fendering and boarding platform with rubber fendering. A strong box section bow platform with sprung
fastening for 'give' when landing, and built out 'nib' that fits between the boat landing piles locating the boat and providing a shorter
step off distance to the ladder, from a bow platform with safety rails. Onan silenced, keel cooled 6.8 kw generator set. Palfinger
PK 4501 M hydraulic crane. Spencer Carter hydraulic capstan forward. Side bulwark doors, CCTV system to monitor engine rooms, forward
and aft deck.